Youth entrepreneurship is nurtured and encouraged through this structured opportunity for Kalispell youth ages 6-18 to learn about finance, marketing, site selection, product development, and management through the vehicle of a lemonade stand.
Discover Kalispell Chamber celebrated its fourth year in 2023 of bringing this national program to Kalispell. Over 130 Kalispell area youth signed up for Lemonade Day and we enjoyed visiting the many lemonade stands operated by participating youth on Saturday, June 24th.
Congratulations to 2023 contest winners:
Our June 11th contest winners were:
- Best Tasting Lemonade: Dirk S.
- Most Creative Ingredient Lemonade: Hattie D. – edible orchid
- Most Unique Lemonade Name: Bridger M. – huckleberry blast
Thank you to our Main Squeeze Presenting Sponsor, Three Rivers Bank of Montana, Fresh Squeeze Sponsor – Central Heating Cooling Plumbing & Electrical, Lemon Zest Sponsor – Terry Homes, Media Sponsor – Daily Inter Lake, Lemon Drop Sponsor – Leavitt Group Great West Insurance , and Pucker Pal Sponsor – Flathead Lutheran Bible Camp for helping to make this year’s Lemonade Day possible!
2024 Lemonade Day FAQ’s:
Who can participate in Lemonade Day Flathead?
Any child age 5-18 within Flathead County (K-12).
When is Lemonade Day Flathead 2024?
date will be announced in Fall of 2023
How can my child sign up? When does sign-up end?
Kids can be registered by their parent/mentor online. If you can’t submit online, we do have a paper registration form which can be completed. Sign up will open in Spring 2024.
Why should my child sign up for “Lemonade Day Flathead” when they could just set up a lemonade stand any time they want?
The “Lemonade Day” program provides structured learning support for youth to use their lemonade stand as an opportunity to dive a little deeper (at a child’s/teen’s level) into what it means to start and operate a business.
Children will learn about the many facets of creating a business including:
- How to create a budget: Cost for lemonade supplies, materials for serving the lemonade, materials for the stand, (any) marketing costs, etc.
- creating a product: What recipe to use? Made from scratch or with a powder? Any unique additions or twists to your product? How big is a serving?
- How to set up a bank account.
- Supply costs/purchasing/pricing: How much will supplies cost to make the lemonade, how much to buy, how much to price your product at to make a profit?
- Site selection: Where will you set up your Lemonade stand? Why?
- Marketing: How will you “get the word” out that you’ll be serving Lemonade?
- Staffing: who will work with you at your stand on Lemonade Day and for how long?
Thank you to our Main Squeeze Sponsor Three Rivers Bank.